Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Funday - Easter Cupcakes and Cake


Since I was seven years old I remember Glynis (my other mom) making an Easter bunny cake.  She would let me help make the ears but for the post part Glynis did it all.  I LOVED waking up on Easter and seeing her making the bunny cake.  He always had this droopy sad face because she was cooking for us and baking at the same time.  So needless to say the cake didn't have time to cool all the way before she started icing the cake.  Even as an adult on Easter morning Glynis was making her infamous Easter bunny cake.  So this year as an engaged woman I decided to make the Easter bunny cake for Mark!  And then I was got a little carried away because I thought cupcakes would be a great idea as well.  The basic idea for the bunny cake can be found here.  The Easter basket cupcakes I got the idea from here and the Hatching Baby Chick Cupcakes I got from here.  I saw the pictures and just kind of made up how they should look.  I made over 20 cupcakes so I did 10 that had coconut and 10 without.  So Mark can take them to work and his coworkers could enjoy. 

On the Hatching cupcakes next time I make them instead of using warheads for the egg I would probably use a cookie or fondant.  To color the coconut I used a concentrated gel to mix with butter cream icing.  And I used sour patch jelly beans instead of regular jelly beans for flavor!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment