Monday, March 5, 2012

Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

Pin It

I found this recipe here.  Her recipe included canned chicken, mushrooms and cream of mushrooms.  We don’t eat canned meat or mushrooms so I made changes to the recipe to suit us!  Instead of regular spaghetti noodles I used the vegetable spaghetti noodles (they are orange, green and something else!) to add more flavor.  I also used the cream of chicken with herbs so I wouldn’t have to add as many seasonings to it.  I would say that in lieu of the Rotel next time I would probably use diced tomatoes.  Oh and when I was making the original recipe I kept thinking what vegetable could I add to this!?!  Peas worked out great!  We’re horrible about incorporating a vegetable sometimes, so mixing it in with something else is a lot easier.  I'm new to actually using my crock-pot but I have to say I'd definitely make this recipe again!  Okay, so on to the actual recipe!  


Ingredients:
1 Box cooked spaghetti
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese
1 lb. (give or take) raw chicken 
2 cans cream of chicken with herbs
1  can Rotel’s diced tomatoes & green chilies 
1 cup water
1 can of drained sweet peas
1 small diced onion (or onion powder)
Salt & pepper to taste
  1. I use Reynolds Slow Cooker liners because it’s less mess to clean up.  However, you can also just spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Cook your spaghetti according to the box directions (TIP: add a little oil to noodles while boiling to keep from sticking).
  3. Cut up Velveeta cheese, chicken and chicken into cubes. 
  4. Cut up onion into small pieces or add onion powder if you don’t want actual onion.
  5. Combine Velveeta Cheese, raw chicken, cream of chicken with herbs, Rotel, sweet peas, onion (or onion powder), salt & pepper into crock pot.
  6. When spaghetti noodles are drained add to the crock pot.
  7. All of the ingredients should be in the crock-pot now.  Stir the mixture together.
  8. Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours.   I would stir an hour into cooking (if possible) and stir again just before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment